favorite this post***IRRIGATION TECH*** (Boynton Beach)hide this posting
compensation: up to $15 DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Maintain irrigation/sprinkler heads in working order as to provide proper discharge of water. Raise, lower or re-position irrigation heads to insure maximum coverage. Repair irrigation distribution lines as needed.
· Start/stop irrigation pumps according to established schedule. Monitor and report on efficiency of water delivery. Perform system tests as directed.
· Receive and complete daily work orders. Track and follow all "sprinkler complaints" to final resolution
· Observe and report to Operation Supervisor current turf conditions, identifying problem areas.
· Maintain machinery, tools, equipment and supplies in optimum working condition. Assist Operations Supervisor with preventive maintenance and inventory control.
Skills & Qualifications
• Knowledge of & experience in the operation, maintenance/repair of irrigation systems & related mechanical equipment, as well as, turf management & maintenance.
• Able to work well in a fast paced environment with competing demands, ability to prioritize. Displays initiative anticipating seasonal changes and other fluctuations in water needs.
• Willing to participate as a team member and interact amicably with other employees. Maintains a courteous attitude towards residents, volunteers, contractors, vendors and suppliers.
• Able to accomplish routine tasks with little supervision. Is open to change and flexibility of work assignments. Can perform non-routine work efficiently and expediently.
• Has the physical capability to frequently lift, move, use or operate heavy objects. Able to read and comprehend instructions regarding the use of equipment and supplies. Adheres to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety in the workplace.
• Demonstrates commitment to continuous quality improvement. Maintains orderly work and storage areas. Optimizes the use of supplies and equipment, tracks and follows usage for inventory control.
• Is dependable in attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance.
Prefer a High School Degree or equivalent.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IF YOU LIVE MORE THAN 30 MINUTES FROM BOYNTON BEACH AREA
ALL CANDIDATES MUST UNDERGO A DRUG SCREENING AND BACKGROUND CHECK.