favorite this postCover band with paying gigs is looking for KB player. (Miami)hide this posting
QR Code Link to This Post
Cover band with 2 /3 paying gigs a month will soon be looking for a KB player. Repertoire includes Spanish / Latin classic pop (50%) to mainstream rock and some traditional Latin from 60's to now. We want to expand repertoire and genres. We rehearse in the South Miami area. Please read below and if interested, please respond and there will be time enough to come onboard.
* At least some general familiarity with Spanish / Latin classic pop (60s-now).
* Be willing to adapt to new songs and styles. Remember: a band with its repertoire and gigs is looking for a KB player, not the other way around. We are playing for a paying audience, not four ourselves. :-)
* 2 keyboards or a really flexible one (splits, layers, layers with changing volume etc). Amp is not a must but a definite help for rehearsals and private parties where PA may not be top notch.
* Ability to create and manage good patches to cover different genres. In occasions, several sounds are needed in one song.
* You don't need to be a super soloist, but should be able to do something decent over a good backup if sharing solos with the lead guitar.
* Read chord charts to speed up learning songs. Standard music reading is a plus, but not a must. Otherwise, a very good ear and discipline can do.
* Age is not a requirement at all. Experience, discipline, character and attitude definitely are.
* Absolutely no drugs, no drunks, no "stars" (especially the stars in their own minds :-). No mental cases or spoiled 10-year-old kids in 40-year-old bodies. We don't want to lose our time or your "priceless" time. We need somebody that listens and is open to accept opinions and suggestions as the rest of the group does.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers