compensation: Compensation based on experience (hourly) employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Baires Grill Argentine Resto looking for line cooks.
A line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen.
• Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
• Prepares all food items ads directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
• Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
• Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
• Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
• Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
• Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
• Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager at any time.
• Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
• Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
• Previous prep or line cook experience.
• English language and professional communications skills are required.
• Ability to take direction.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
• Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
• Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
• The individual must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
• Must be able speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
We are excited to meet you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers