Posted:◀ prev ▲ next ▶
Project Manager (Environmental)
Conducts on-site environmental assessments and other property related services to identify recognized environmental conditions and other conditions of environmental concern for both the Project and off-site properties in accordance with ASTM standards and Client-specific scopes of work. Communicates all environmental issues to the Senior Environmental Consultant on a daily basis and prepares a written report accurately describing their findings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other job related duties may be assigned in conformance with state and federal regulations.
- Completes 10 to 12 Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) per month to identify Recognized Environmental Conditions (RECs) and other conditions of environmental concerns as outlined in the scope of work.
- Turns in completed field notes to EMG after completion of onsite assessment.
- Conducts interviews with property owners, occupants, key site personnel and local government officials to obtain information concerning the environmental conditions related to the property and adjacent properties.
- Performs limited screenings for the presence of asbestos, lead-based paint, radon, and lead in drinking water. Screenings may include collection of samples.
- Writes reports, taking into consideration any unique client scope requirements, which convey the environmental assessment and provide exhibits which illustrate or clarify information presented in the body of the report. Provides photographic documentation of the site.
- Maintains daily communications with Field Management team and Senior Environmental Consultant to keep them informed of any actual or potential problems including continuous updates of when assigned tasks are to be completed.
- Reviews available previous assessment reports, historical and regulatory records for the property and for the surrounding area and reports data in accordance with ASTM criteria and client's scope of work. The Project Manager is expected to make all reasonable efforts to identify the historical use of the property and surrounding properties.
- Travels by airplane to approximately 50% of on-site assessments.
- Enhances professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Knowledgeable of federal, state and local environmental requirements / guidelines as they pertain to EMG environmental services; advises the department of changes in legislation.
- Protects operations by keeping company information confidential.
- Delivers outstanding customer service through timely response and proactive solutions to clients needs.
- Demonstrates EMG's guiding principles in support of the company's strategic goals.
- Follows all documented policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions applicable to the position and support of EMG's quality standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work area by complying with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Environmental Science/Engineering or related field or equivalent relative experience is preferred; minimum three years experience performing Phase I and/or Phase II environmental inspections including successful completion of 75 -100 Phase I and/or Phase II inspections.
NOTE: CHICAGO & DALLAS CANDIDATES MUST BE EP.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: AHERA, Asbestos Inspector Certification and OSHA-40 hour certification preferred; valid driver's license; personal credit card sufficient to charge business travel expense of up to $3,000 per month.
Other Qualifications: Ability to travel on average, more than 50 percent of the work week; excellent verbal and written communications; excellent time management skills including ability to perform multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and ability to work independently. Excellent computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EMG is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of EMG to select and hire for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, "disabled Veterans" or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. EMG values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers